Welcome to the 40th episode of the Heart Centered Revolution podcast,
all about the Life Cycles taught in the Kundalini Yoga lineage.
This episode teaches how three Life Cycles aid in our evolution and maturity as human beings, and how understanding these cycles can help you approach times of great change and growth with grace and understanding, At the end of the podcast, Jen leads you through a pranayam that is calming, helps release blocks, and helps you let go of things that are no longer serving you. Listen to the episode above, or read on to learn more.
The natural world operates in cycles, human beings included. Each human life is a cycle within itself, and within that life, there are three types of cycles that offer us an opportunity to mature and grow as we progress through our lives.
These Life Cycles, as they are called in Kundalini Yoga, are built into the structure of the human body. As each cycle comes to a close, you integrate the experiences of the cycle that is closing, and consolidate a new way of being for the next cycle.
By understanding these cycles, you can approach these shifts in consciousness, intelligence, and life style with grace and understanding.
Cycle of Consciousness
- This cycle is when your fundamental sense of your identity evolves, building on wisdom from the experience over the past 7 years.
- When this cycle transitions, you review the basic level and style of your consciousness. You develop a new way of understanding the world and yourself, and establish a new set of priorities.
- This cycle transitions every 7 years, at age 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, 56, 63, 70, 77, 84, 91, and 98
Cycle of Intelligence
- This cycle is when how you solve problems, the expanse of your intelligence, and how you apply your knowledge and intelligence to your actions shift.
- This cycle transitions every 11 years, at age 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99
Cycle of Life Energy
- This cycle is when you review the physical health and vitality of your body, as well as the overall quality of your life.
- This cycle transitions every 18 years at age 18, 36, 54, 72, 90, and 108
Major Phase Transitions
At three periods of life, all three cycles turn over within a few years of each other. This creates a major phase transition when your awareness, values, intelligence, means of action, energy levels and relationships all shift in a relatively short period of time.
This is often a time of major life changes, such as moving, marriage and divorce, changing your diet, quitting alcohol, having children, shifting careers, etc. They can be perceived as chaotic or full of crisis, if you don’t understand that you’re essentially going through a spiritual growth spurt.
To learn more about the cycles, listen to Episode 40, where we go into more explanation and provide some examples.
In this episode, I mentioned that the Kundalini Research Institute offers Level II trainings on the Life Cycles, and you can learn more about that by clicking here.
In this episode, we also shared that listeners have asked for a way to support the podcast, and we finally set that up.
With Abundant Love,
Jen & Ramtin